Once upon a time, there was a little girl who liked nothing better than twirling in front of the mirror to the Beatles and Boney M, whilst wearing her mother’s high heels. Fast forward several years later and not much has changed, except that not-so-little girl now has her own 100-shoe collection and her high heel fetish can largely be attributed to being vertically challenged.
What this five-foot wonder lacks in height she definitely makes up in volume. Besides tickling your ears on the airwaves, Denise’s noise-making skills have also been put to good use on the local stage – you may have seen her in productions including Chang and Eng, The Little Shop of Horrors, Animal Farm, The Full Monty, Beauty World, Fried Rice Paradise and Hansel & Gretel.
- When Denise is not on-air or onstage, she can be found online perving at food blogs or begging people to go out to eat with her.
- She’d never say no to Earl Grey Tea or Dirty Martinis (extra olives, please!)
- She’s obsessed with hamburgers and 80’s teen movies.
- Grease 2 is her all-time favourite movie. Really.
- She enjoys being a crafty cow – jewellery-making, cross-stitching and rhinestone-gluing make her happy. Really.
- She makes her own monthly mix-tapes and yes, she’ll share her tunes if you ask nicely.
- She believes shoe-shopping, french fry-eating and instagram-ing should be made into Olympic sports.
- Wonder Woman and Miss Piggy are the two personalities she’d most like to meet.
- Collecting lame jokes is another hobby that keeps her busy, so try this one on for size:
Q: Why did the short gambler refuse to shop at the Butcher’s?
A: Because the steaks were too high!
So for extra incredible aural stimulation daily, listen in to Denise on Gold 905, Monday to Friday, 10am-2pm!
KEEP IN TOUCH!