KF Seetoh was accorded and recognised as Singapore’s Food Ambassador by then Singapore’s President Mr. SR Nathan. The New York Times calls him a “food guide maven”. CNN hails him a “Guru of Grub”. After a decade of professional stints in the media industry, KF Seetoh put a lucrative photography business aside and started Makansutra, a company that celebrates street food cultures.
Since 1997, he has been championing them in many ways:
- He inkedmany regional street food guides since 1998
- Developed apps, web and online content with social media presence
- Produced and hosted 8 food TV series including Makansutra Raw (on regional and local TV) and The Food Surprise (on Discovery TLC Asia)
- Owner/Operator of Makansutra Gluttons Bay, a food court offering some of Singaporean’s favourite street food
- He writes and oversees the editorial content for Yahoo! Singapore, Esquire, The New Paper, Huffington Post and a host of community publications
- He made numerous appearances in food and lifestyle TV shows worldwide, including The Vision, China’s most watched food and travel show with 400 million viewers, Anthony Bourdain’s various programmes, and The Martha Stewart Show
- He also guest judged in the Top Chef finale in its Singapore instalment
What began as an idea to share and celebrate street food cultures of the world in 2011 is now the most challenging task he has ever encountered — The World Street Food Congress. It aims to preserve, professionalise and create new possibilities in this most endearing food culture. This inaugural event launched in late May 2013, in Singapore. And 2015’s edition launched April 8 – 12. WSFC debuted in Manila earlier this year.